Sunday, January 6, 2008

Treasure your Memories...

Christine and I were proofreading the class schedule yesterday(Feb-May 2008) in preparation for the printer. We realized that I had not scheduled any classes for the first weekend of February.

I quickly fixed that problem and added two...two of my very favorites...

Saturday, February 2, 10-5 Treasure Necklace. Some of you may have seen this necklace as I like to pull it out during certain classes to demonstrate various techniques like wire wrapping or adding chain to pieces, or color palleting. I have not taught this class in a while (perhaps during the whole Beadissimo 5 years). But I used to teach it quite regularly at national shows like Bead and Button.The one pictured above is my personal piece. It has a variety of charms, rings, beads and other mementos that I've collected over the years. This is a perfect piece to showcase your own treasures. (Sorry about the funny picture, I couldn't remove the background)

Sunday, February 3, 10-4 Picture Pendants. This is a good one...I had a student spontaneously yell out during class "This is like CAMP!" THis class is fun. Bring photos of loved ones, or scenery, or random bits of paper that you have been saving and put them between two pieces of glass, solder the edges...and presto...Pendant!


Both classes are for all levels and are $95 each.

Sign-ups begin Saturday January 19th at 10 AM. (Preview is the night before, Friday 6-9).

I an really looking forward to these classes...check your schedule and spend the weekend creating memories.
Kate

No comments: